Friday, June 25, 2010

One week to go!

I really can't believe it. It seems like yesterday when this trip was just and idea and a dream with no way of making it come true. But here it is and it is happening. In one week I will be on a 28 hour trip to the other side of the world.

I still feel like I have so much left to do. Like get more bug spray since I don't think I can have too much, get an adapter so I can charge my laptop, learn more Swahili because I only know, like, 2 words... So much to do and no time left.

Yesterday I met with the wonderful Ashley who will be my partner and co-teacher in Zanzibar. She is wonderful, has so many great ideas and is so open to trying new things and letting me do the same. We are both passionate about serving the students and making this an amazing experience for them. I think we will be a great team. We were so enthralled by the details that we only got through 3 of the 8 lessons but, we have a long plane ride to do the rest so we're not worried.

On Wednesday we all went to John and Jen's home (the organizers of the trip) and we collected all of the supplies we are bringing for the students. Pens, paper, chalk, folders, handouts, and more. We are totally prepared.

I really can't wait to leave and at the same time, I can wait a little longer. I am sad to leave Ken who I wish could experience this all with me. I know I will go back but it is still hard to leave him behind. He is a wonderful husband for letting me live out my dream and supporting me the way he does. I know that it is not fair for him to stay home when one of our dreams as a couple is to see the world together. But I will be hard at work (with a little play) and home before I know it.

It's really happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment