Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Day Out With the Hubby

Today my husband took off of work so that he could spend the day with me before I go. We usually get one full day together a week but we wanted to do something special. The day was packed with fun activities and we had the best time. I am so glad we did this. We have never been apart for this long before so it was important to get some quality time in.We started the day by going to Madison Square Park and getting lunch at Shake Shack, a special treat.

Then we walked around the park and looked for all of the statues on the buildings. See that little guy up there?
Then we walked across town and took a walk on the Highline. We have been wanting to check it out for a while and I am so glad we did. It is beautifully designed, with creative and fun art installations. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it.

After our walk we realized how thirsty we were so we went to the Biergarten at the Standard Hotel for a little refreshment.
We then ran a few small errands and then walked home over the Brooklyn Bridge. It was an amazing day. I am so glad Ken and I got to do this.

2 comments:

  1. You guys are adorable. I can't believe you're leaving so soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove burgers from the Shake Shack. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete